jeudi, septembre 30, 2004

I saw one of my teachers today.

I met with one of my teachers today. I was taking his class last semester, and it was about experimental novels, a concept I had no idea about before taking that class.

It was also a fourth-semester course. Which means people who take it usually have gone through the 80 books already, and have passed a slew of other classes.

Not my case. I was a second-semester student, not even in the French Lit program. In fact, I had just spent almost eight years out of school, completely.

And I was sure the teacher knew that. But he didn't. I told him today, in passing, and his eyes got big. "You mean you're not a third-year student now?" Hell, no. "Well, I guess you'll have no problems going through the first year! I always thought you were at the same stage as the rest of the class, a second-year student..."

Makes me feel pretty kick-ass. Especially since I got an A- in that class.

Would've gotten more, but I didn't give punch or wine glasses to the students... (inside joke - don't worry about it)

Aucun commentaire: