vendredi, septembre 24, 2004

Misc.

I was asked today if I wrote, at all, and I spontaneously answered 'no'. I quickly modulated my answer by saying that I did, indeed, have a blog, but no-one reads it; so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Does this count as writing? Does anything count as writing, when no-one reads? I feel like the proverbial tree-falling-in-the-forest: if no one hears me, do I still whine?

I'm still listening to Green Day non-stop. Fo' shizzle. It's still kicking my arse.

I'm not entirely sure I can keep up doing 12,5 hour days like that. 2 classes, plus work till 9. I get home completely beat.

... and if I hear more talk about attributes, complements and pronouns anytime soon, I swear I'll go mad.



Funnily enough, I never mentioned my famous Guide to Customer Service as "writing". Although acclaimed by everyone who read it, it was never actually made public, and I'm not sure it can actually interest, much less entertain anyone else.

Basically, while employed at Compucentre, I spent much time doing jack shit, so to pass the time I decided to write a spoof of the whoppingly ineffective Customer Service Manual the head-office supplied. A few pages turned into about twenty, each more sarcastic, dry-witted and irreverent than the next. My boss even wrote an appendix, mostly about how to deal with less-than-perfect employees.

Email me if you want in - I'll send you the PDF. There's no way for me to host it, unfortunately, so it's going to have to be email only. For now.

Aucun commentaire: