vendredi, juillet 02, 2004

Back to work

Back to work tomorrow.

It feels weird - I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off. Plus, last Saturday I was, well, um... what was it already? Oh yeah! sick! <wink wink nudge nudge> So that means we had St-Jean Baptiste, then I worked last Friday, got a day "off", worked 3 days (one of which we finished early, because the whole company moved to a new building - I ended up working 5-9h30), get two more days off, and now it's over. 5 days a week.

I feel like I was out on bail, and I'm thrown back in.

It's not that it's a bad job. I don't mind it that much. It's the schedule.

Working 5PM to 11:30PM is a killer. You never get to eat dinner with people. You get home, everyone's asleep. You can't "do stuff" after work. And I'm still in the mindset that doing stuff before going to work means getting up crazy-early. Plus, I seem to be the only one of my "team" (read: the-people-I-was-in-training-with) on that schedule, so I always have my breaks alone.

Add to that the propension to stay up until ungodly hours in the morning, and you have a lifestyle completely at odds with everyone elses', including, but not limited to, my girlfriend's. You see, she's of the school of 'at midnight, it's time to start going to bed' - and I fully understand that, seeing as how she used to stay up super-late and wake up at noon, and when she quit doing that, she lost like 20 pounds and didn't feel so sick all the time anymore. I really don't want to pull her back into that schedule.

The only good part of starting work at 5PM is that you never, ever, have to worry about getting up late, setting your alarm, etc. In fact, you can basically stay in bed late every single day.

But that's it, really. Anyone know of a non-telemarketing job that pays semi-well (read: above minimum wage) and that is on a more "regular" schedule?

Aucun commentaire: