jeudi, juillet 01, 2004

Jon's irritated.

Although my long-assed rant might have been seen as 'pestering' or 'pressuring' to you, that was certainly not my intention, and if it appeared so, I apologize muchly.

This is going to sound harsh, but although I consider you a very nice person (perhaps 'friend' would be too strong a word, but bear with me here), I most emphatically do not think that "sticking to your guns" or however you want to call what you're doing (conviction, ...) is "strenght of character". I pride my character on having an open mind, and leaving my options open.

You know me, I've got some very strong opinions. The thing is, I'm always open to discussing them, and you can actually end up convincing me.

I certainly wouldn't want you doing something you don't like just to "shut everyone up". That would be wrong.

I'm just trying to put forward ideas, and exchange views.

I understand if you're tired of it, and I'll stop.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Well, debate is all well and good—and I'm not irritated at you, just at people who run up and say "OMG U SUK NOOB" and flee, of which I get many, and people who refuse to see my side of things, of which I don't see you doing.

View exchange is good. Assuming that I suck is bad.

Éric a dit...

You see, that's the difference. I don't merely assume that you suck; I actually know you do.

:P