vendredi, août 27, 2004

Farenheit 9/11

Well, I finally got off my arse and went to see Farenheit 9/11.

To me, it basically feels as if this film is a waste of time and money on everyone's part. Not that it's a bad movie, or that it's not something I agree with - don't get me wrong. I'm behind every God Damned peacenik or Bush-hater there is.

It's just that no self-respecting Republican is gonna change his mind over something like this. It's not that the film isn't convincing. The point is that if you actually, firmly believe that going to Iraq and doing what you think needs to be done there is really a good idea, no influx of "facts" or "reasoning" is going to get through to you. Just as, I might add, no amount of pro-war facts or reasoning is ever going to make me change my mind.

Add that to the fact that a whole lot of stigmata has been added to this movie and its director - no self-respecting Republican will want to believe a filthy Left-wing nut over someone as, well, Right as, say, Limbaugh.

So, basically, for people who think that Bush needs to get the fuck out of the Oval Office, it's a film that firmly reinforces their bias - but they didn't really need it, didn't they. And, for people who will vote for him again, next October, either they won't go see it (which is entirely probable), they'll walk away after the first eight minutes (which means they'll have seen a ratio of 2 minutes of previews to 1 of film) or they'll walk out after the two hours thinking that this Moore character sure knows how to make a Good American Kid look bad, and he should be shot for Un-American Behavior.

Aucun commentaire: